1. In the header, how do I change the “site logo”? Right now it has a generic fill image.
- You need to make sure that NGOps-Genesis-Hack Plugin is turned on
- Next in the dashboard navigate to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
- Click Select Logo to add the image you want as your logo
2. I’m not sure if it will be created right away or not, but we may want a “Chairman Updates” page…can I make a Blog page? Or a Blog section on a page? If so, how?
- You can make blog pages by aggregating posts to any given page by using the Elementor Post widget
- This is a link to the instructions on how to setup a page aggregator
- this page is private for lakekit members only so please login to the lakekit site using your littlegreenlake.lakekit.net user name and password.
- You also want to create a category that identifies the post you want to put on that page, in this case I would use chairman.
3. The Gallery is a little crowded, how do I create spaces in between the photos?
- You control the spacing between the images by adding spacing by editing the image gallery in Elementor
- While in Edit Basic Gallery select Style and under Images Spacing click on the drop down menu and select Custom
- Then change the spacing to what you like.
4. Can I create a button with a drop down menu? For example on the Homepage – one of the buttons is the “State of the Lake Letters”. I have Letters from 2017, 2018, and 2019. I don’t want to make a page with 3 buttons for each year…do you have any suggestions?
- The easiest way to fix the issue with the button is to actually use a menu
- Edit the home page with Elementor and go to the section you want the menu to be located
- Pull over the Nav Menu widget and place it where you need it
- In the layout section the first box is the Menu.. Select the menu you want or right click on the red link below the selection box and open the link in a new window and create the new menu you wish to use.
- In the example you site for the home page you will need the menu to display vertically so under layout use the drop down menu to select Vertical
- To give the menu a button like look to it you need to change pointer to background by using the drop down menu next to Pointer.
5. In the “Records” tab, I have documents to link. I started with the Watershed link. I have it in an Excel file. I thought I’d create a table, but it looks terrible. How do I link to the documents I have? Copy and past all of them? Some are word documents and some are .pdf files. Let me know your thoughts on those.
- This is a bit harder because tables have always been more trouble than they are worth. If you like I you provide me the Excel file I can see if I can either recreate it for you or find a way to embed it into the site.
6. When Everything is all said and done, the District would like to use http://www.littlegreenlake.com as the website, will we be able to transfer?
- You will need to go through the process of pointing your domain name at our server so you will need to know who you bought littlegreenlake.com through.
- Once you have made all your changes email me and I will send you instructions on what needs to be done.
- Please know that I need to know who the DNS company is so I can send you proper instructions.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by kenj.