Page content is like post content. Both are structured the same way. The difference is in the use. Posts are transitory and are meant to change. Posts are the cool little tidbits that keep people coming back to your site. Pages are for information that is meant to stay the same for a long time.
Creating a page starts off by going to the Dashboard -> Pages -> All Pages.
Delete the sample page
Just like the sample post, the sample page is a security risk and needs to be deleted.
Follow the same process for deleting the page as deleting a post.
Page prep is very much like post prep.
Lakekit.net WordPress pages are like the post pages in that the pages also accommodate categories and layout choices.
- Page title
- Page category
- Elementor editor
Add Theme layout
Northern Graphic Operations utilizes Elementor and Elementor’s ability to control page layouts through templates to control the look and feel of each individual web page. For Lakekit.net, NGOps has put together two layouts to help speed up the process of creating content.
- Once in Elementor, select ADD TEMPLATE to start uploading the NGOps templates.
- Select the upload symbol
- Click on the “SELECT FILE” button
- Upload the two files
Adding content to the template is made faster because the template is formatted with content areas that are waiting to be filled in. The process is rather straightforward.
Once you have inserted the template into your page, the next step is to figure out what content you want to enter first.
- Title widget used to create a title that can be linked to something
- Text Editor widget to control the content beyond just words
- Image widget that allows you to add an image with links, captions, and alignment controls.
If you hover over a section, a box outline become visible and a set of controls are made available.
- Hamburger – Three lines stacked used to move thing around
- Two squares – used to make a copy of the segment
- Floppy Disk – Used to save the section you have created to the templates library.
- + – a plus adds a new section
- X – an X is used to delete a section
The other control is a little pencil icon on the right hand side of an individual widget section that connects to the left side menu content edit area. By clicking in the content you want to edit or by clicking on the pencil icon, you can open the content editor section.
You can edit the content in a widget by using the little pencil icon on the right side of the individual widget sections that connects to the left side menu content edit area and the content editor section.
Each of the three widgets has special controls to help manage and control the information you are sharing.
- Title – the text that is meant to draw the reader in
- Link – link to anywhere you want the title to go to, an image, webpage, phone number, address can all be linked to the title
- Alignment – how you want the page to align
An online text editor that is similar to many online systems today.
The text editor allows you to compose, edit, and style some aspects of the content.
- Image Selector – allows you to pick the image you want to use from either the website media library or from your computer.
- Image Alignment – allows you to choose if you want the image to be left, right or center aligned.
- Image Caption – allows you to add a caption to your image, also a good way to document your image.
- Image Link – allows you to link the image to a webpage or external source, to a larger version of itself, or to nothing at all.