Section 7: Menus
A menu is nothing more than a list of things we group together so as to make thing easier to find later on.
In other words we group like items together so that they will be easier to find.
In this section we will go over
- The basics of the menu
- How to create a menu
- How to add items to the menu
Basics of the menu
In the Dashboard menus are found under the Appearance tab.
- Create New Menu link
- Add menu items
- Pages, Post, Custom Links and Categories
- Select what you want to add to your menu and click Add to Menu
- Menu Structure
- Drag and drop system
- Click and drag menu items where you want them to go.
- Item can be nested
- Save Menu
- Delete Menu
Name the menu
- Add a name for the Menu
- Click Create Menu button
- Select items to add to the menu
- Click Save Menu
Move items around
- Move the menu items by grabbing and dragging them up or down
- You can move items under other items, this is called nesting
- Click Save Menu to save your menu