Here is a simple process for offering a MailChimp signup form in a lakekit.net site.
- These instructions assume your lake organizations has an existing MailChimp list and a signup form created at mailchimp.com. A free account is available at mailchimp.com. Lakekit.net will make a MailChimp plugin available which creates a signup form without logging into mailchimp.com if members request that.
- Login to your MailChimp account
- Select the Lists tab.
- Select the list to create a signup form for.
- Select Signup forms.
- Select Form builder
- If this is the first time Form builder is access for this list, you will be presented with a default form.
- In the Form builder, the additional data may be requested (Add a field).
- Selecting a field allows modification of its setting (Field settings).
- After selecting a field, a “-” or “+” allows deleting or duplicating a field.
- When the form is completed, copy the “Sign up form” url and include that in a link on a website page.
This link could also be in the form of an Elementor button place on the website page.
- New members can then sign up to the list from the MailChimp page generated from the link.